Our start was retailing marine engines and yachting equipment.
J&T was appointed by GM as the third US Distributor.
Appointed Chrysler Marine.
Old faithful was born. The JT6-71 rated 265 HP @ 2300 RPM.
JT6-71 rated 310 HP @ 2500 RPM.
Marine pleasure craft business explodes, we opened distribution headquarters and introduced the 6-71TI 410 HP.
First marine heat exchanger to be certified by the Marine Institute of National Assoc. of Engine & Boat Manufacturing.
J&T expands with original product designs. Built over 200 engines/month for pleasure craft; 8.2 through 16V92 rated 1400 HP. Our operation included online Q&A development engineering, complete dyno testing of every engine built, dealer support in the US and abroad.
Last year J&T built own product line. Over our total production time, we built in excess of:
- Over 12,000 6-71’s
- 1,500 8.2’s
- 3,000 8V92’s
Walter F. Johnson, III becomes President with David P. Johnson as Chief Financial Officer.
Awarded most improved Gen Set Sales Distributer by MTU
Awarded best overall distributor by MTU
David Johnson becomes President and Tom Hogan is CFO
– JT and subsidiaries hit an all time sales revenue high of $90,000,000
– JT awarded Western Star Truck Dealership
– JT awarded Volvo Penta Marine PowerCenter status
– JT family of companies acquires Dovell & Williams Isuzu Truck Dealership
– JT has best sales revenue year in company history of $127,000,000